Here you’ll find casting advice for auditions, agents, your acting career and more!
- 5 truths about acting auditionsIf you’ve never auditioned (or are fairly new to the audition process) listen up! Here are 5 truths about acting auditions.
- How to stand out in your auditionIn your quest to be a successful, recognised, award-winning actor, you always need to be aware of what the people who are hiring —casting directors— are looking for. At first, this can seem extremely difficult so I’ve come up with a couple of things that will make it impossible for a casting director to forget you.
- actor headshots v model portfoliosSome of you asked me if you could submit your modelling photos […]
- Should agencies charge joining fees?Over the weekend, I held a Q&A via Instagram (@ohjackieo.talentagency). One of […]
- Why do Casting Directors call you in?There are a few different reasons as to why casting directors call you in (and why sometimes they don’t!).
- 5 Résumé Tips for ActorsYour résumé is instrumental in selling yourself and, unlike most aspects of […]
- 5 tips for better headshots according to a Casting DirectorThe headshot is one of the most important marketing tools for an actor. It’s amazing how many actors don’t invest in a professional headshot. When casting directors view your headshot, you want them to say, “Yes, bring that person in for an audition!”